<VV> blow-by? (for chuck and others)

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 14:59:07 EST 2006

>>>I have noticeable blowby and am awaiting time to do
a leakdown
compression test.<<<<

What does blow-by have to do with leakdown?  what
happens that would cause that?

I DID just start my car for the first time in many
years, but I have a LOT of blow-by.-and yes, I can
attest to the fan sucking it all in.  in fact now that
I thin about it. most of the exhaust and blowby that I
see coming out the bottom probably isn't from the
exhaust istelf...could just be whats being pushed
through the heads and just LOOKS like it's coming from
the exhaust.

I do not know this, but could be.

Anyway, I was just curious as to why they had to do
with each-other, cause it might help me if I have that
problem too.

Lets hope not.

Ryan V.

1965 Corsa/110/4