<VV> Re: AIR CLEANER HOUSING

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 14:16:43 EST 2006

the snorkel shape was designed for the cu in of the engine. the way i
understand it after a rochester carb engineer caught me with it flipped is the
venturi length and taper was tuned for maxi efficeincy.  he said if i showed up at
the plant he could demonstrate that fact. so i never flipped my lid again ,
just retuned that draned egr and flow of converter.  this was on 70's vintage
oldsmobile 403's etc. corvairs are the same priciple.messing with the air
cleaners is like tunning a stack on fuel infection units i guess.   you real
engineers can set us straight on all of this?  intake and exhaust tuning is a real
science if you want to nit pick.  me? i just drive them.earlier that 64 they only
tried to keep the noise down , not tune them.
regards, tim colson