<VV> oil leak

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 16:34:45 EST 2006

Stephen Demick <sademick at citlink.net> wrote:
 I have a nice 65 , 110 PG with 42,000 miles that leaks oil. The car runs
great except for the oil leak. I took it out of winter storage today and had to
add 1 quart of oil . It leaked on floor of storage garage. It's been leaking
since I purchased 3 years ago and goes through about 1 quart per season.
-----------------------------
This tells us that it is a GRAVITY  leak....not a pressure / flow leak [ when
running ]

A quick look underneath will show a small droplet forming
somewhere......most likely at / near the oilpan.  NOTE:  this can only be determined when the
car has set  for a few days...and the bottom of the engine has been wiped
fairly clean....

I recently chased a leak..drip....that turned out to be a 1/4"x20  oilpan
bolt up front......driving it caused a film to migrate to the rear.......wiping
it off....letting the car set was the way I found it...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!