<VV> insurance question (not Corvair specific)

monza63mo at peoplepc.com monza63mo at peoplepc.com
Thu Mar 16 20:43:21 EST 2006

I was lucky a year ago when my insurance company let me add my '66 Corvair to my policy with full coverage.  Then last week when I bought another '66 I called my agent and was told that they don't (or won't) do full coverage on classic cars.  If I have a theft or the car is totaled, they only pay blue book value.  He then told me that they have an affiliate insurance company that they use to insure classics and transferred me.  That agent told me that requirements for coverage are a limit on miles and that the cars must be kept in a locked garage.  Well my Corvairs are daily drivers and I have no garage so I'm sunk.  While I have the legal requirement for insurance on both Corvairs, I want insurance that will cover a theft or total loss.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Art in Missouri
'66 Sport Sedan 140/PG
'66 Coupe 110/4-Spd