<VV> engine removal

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri Mar 17 11:36:59 EST 2006

Art, what others have said is backwards if I undestand your situation, the
PG140 in front of a 4-sp is actually a SUPER-GOOD combination.  I have this in
my 67..  There was a special "high torque" 140 for PG applications that really
pulls well in front of a stick.

The ATV lift works well. Another alternative: I use an overhead chain hoist
with three straps to the engine - one on the bell housing loop and two at the
LR and RR of the rear housing.

You'll discover that you also need to swap the bellhousing.  When you do
that, you'll want to change the main seal too.  You don't HAVE to take off the oil
pan if the oil pan gasket doesn't rip but if Murphy has his way the oil pan
will leak if you don't.  You will have to get creative regarding the vacuum
port for the PG modulator on your sedan.  The vacuum balance tube from the 140
(with the PG port) will have to be modified to fit a 110 (think long rubber hose
for the left carburetor the MT balance tube from the 110 will have to be cut
on the left side to fit the 140.

<snip>
I'm getting ready to swap engines between my '66 sport sedan and '66
coupe.....I know about the brass bushing in the crank of the 4 speed that has to be
removed  before the engine swap but I'd appreciate any tips you care to share.
<unsnip>