<VV> Re: Cradle

Terry Kalp tkalp at cox.net
Sat Mar 18 13:18:49 EST 2006

In my typical manner I managed to confuse a lot of people with my reference
to "guide pins" in the trans jack post.

The guide pins (two or three) replace the bolts that hold the bellhousing to
differential (when removing just the engine) to guide the engine and
differential when coming apart and going back together. On manual
transmission cars it help keep the clutch cover from hitting the trans
snout.

Sorry for the confustion.  Thanks to those asking for clarification.

Terry Kalp