<VV> Corvair bell housing, no. What is it?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Mar 18 21:33:19 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/18/2006 12:24:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
chartzel at comcast.net writes:

OK gang,  I responded to this guy that his bell housing on eBay wasn't  a
Corvair.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8047456675&sspagename=ADM
E:L:RTQ:US:1#8047456675
He  is trying to figure out what it is.  He asked if it was a VW and I  told
him no.  I haven't a clue.  Looks like aluminum but the  round end has me
baffled.  Anybody have a clue?
Clark  Hartzel

My bet would be a Chevy V8  (or some other V8) to an early Ford  top-shift
trans - like the 1939 - the last year for the top-shift 3-speed. Real  popular
for street rods back in the 50s and 60s. That is what the  round bellhousing
part looks like to me! - Man, I am getting old!  -Seth