<VV> PUSH ROD HOLE SIZE (TECHNICAL)

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 19 13:07:48 EST 2006

I was just cleaning the push rods in preparation o re-installation when I perceived the hole Dias in the ends did not appear to be the same.

   I measured them with drills. Most were a bit bigger or slightly smaller then .062. but some were easily .094 .

   The smaller ones than .062 easily cleaned out to .062. I assume some coked oil in the rocker end. Does someone have information on the correct hole size? The size of the hole must have some effect on the oil amount and pressure that the rod can deliver to the rocker.

MIKE KOVACS