<VV> PUSH ROD HOLE SIZE (TECHNICAL)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 14:39:28 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/19/06 10:08:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I was just cleaning the push rods in preparation o re-installation when I
> perceived the hole Dias in the ends did not appear to be the same.

Mike,
The holes are not the same size. I have previously done some measurements but
the data seems to me misplaced right now. My concern would be for the hole at
the lifter end. This hole was much larger in some of the very early model
years and later reduced in size. Maybe Clark hartzel has the specs at the CPF
library. Another thing...the spit holes are not circular, but somewhat eliptical.
Regards,
Bob Helt