<VV> oil pressure sender installation

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Mar 21 02:41:16 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/20/2006 9:55:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jwcorvair at aol.com writes:

So what  are people's thought on installing an oil pressure gauge sender?
The
adapt-a-bolt seems nice and neat but is a little pricey (~$21) and might  get
in
the way during oil filter changes.  Running a line seem like  the way I may
go
but you've got to get the right fittings and I've heard  of lines breaking
due to
shaking.  There's also drilling and tapping  a hole somewhere else but I want
avoid making permanent changes to my  car. I can't just screw the thing into
where the switch is because it just  won't fit!  Dadgum packaging efficiency.

Thoughts?  Please  share with the group, and remember, we're all friends
here.

mike

MIke, I would replace the stock pressure warning sender with a higher
pressure switch. Then use the adaptabolt - if you are not using the 90 degree
adapter - with a straight AN fitting on the top. Have a short, say 12-18", steel
braided hose made, with a 90 degree adapter on one end and a straight 1/8 NPT
Female end on the other. Mount the 90 degree adapter on the adaptabolt
fitting,  then route the hose forward and turn left just past the alternator - under
the  belt - and off to the left. mount the pressure gauge sender to the end of
the  hose. Attach the sender down to the sheet metal (avoid the throttle
linkage) and  you are done. It is the hard lines that are subject to vibration
failure, not  hoses. - Seth Emerson