<VV> Buffalo convention

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Mar 21 18:28:49 EST 2006

At 11:49 hours 03/21/2006, J R Read_HML wrote:
>2400/80=30(days).  I could not be away from work that long.
>Attachments (if any) are scanned with anti-virus software.

Indeed.   In some instances, I've had to take time off without pay to
attend a show (having already used up what vacation time I manage to
get).   Even a partial-week's worth of stay cuts a double-slice out
of my pocketbook in such situations.    Fortunately I've only had to
do that a time or two along the way, and not at all since my work now
no longer includes straight-commission following the job change and
the advantage of working for a salary.    No fun working commission,
trust me.    Took a job change to get there, and I still don't get
much paid vacation since I've not worked the current job that long.

My monthly rate example above wasn't intended to mean that it takes a
month's worth of motel patronage for the Nats... it demonstrates that
it costs more money each day to stay at the hotel than what I make
each day.    That's 5 times as much as my house payment.  ;)

And as far as I'm concerned, the host motel is just a place for the
cars to congregate.   As mentioned, I'm there to see the cars, old
friends, and patronize the vendors.   The hotel is not a
consideration for the trip, although it oft times becomes a
condition.   And before anyone mentions that the host motel is a
necessity, allow me to say that I realize this perfectly well.   It's
just that in most instances I'll not be staying there.

Frankly, I'm hoping that I can afford to attend the Buffalo Nats in
any event.    I have a pretty full agenda for this summer, lots to
do.    Hope I can make it...

tony..