<VV> oil pressure sender installation

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Tue Mar 21 22:10:08 EST 2006

Mike,

I have an adaptabolt w/oil pressure sender on it. Just have to
disconnect the wire when changing oil, otherwise no trouble at all.
Great especially if you don't want to drill holes or make permanent
changes. Only thing to remember is to use the copper washer instead of
the fiber one, AND run a mill file over the aluminum casting where the
washer seats. You'll be amazed as to how uneven it really is. Probably a
good idea with ALL Corvairs. (G) The make sure the copper washer is flat
and parallel as well. Otherwise you'll have oil leaks. And run the wire
UNDER the belt, so you don't have to remove the wire when changing the
belt.

-Mark C