<VV> 140 power increase

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 11:30:29 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/22/2006 5:49:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ron67ran at hotmail.com writes:

> Any suggestions on rebuilding my engine for more power--what seems to work
> best for the money and still leaves it streetable? Know lots about small
> block chevys but this is my first vair engine to work on

****************

Most likely the Biggest "Bang"  for the $$$  is to reduce the "Squish" in the
heads.  This also can  increase compression ratio  if desired...and still run
on 89+  octane.

This invloves cutting the gasket "step" to reduce the distance from the
piston to the "Step"  in the combustion chamber.  You then adjust CR  by  removing
metal from the pocket.  0.032"  is minimum  distance....closer the better.

Next,  depending on what cam / transmission /  diff. gears you'll run......An
adjustable camshaft gear!  From www.american-pi.com   It's failsafe!  and you
can tune your cam to best performance without a complete teardown!

Stock carbs...possibly Bored 1/8" work great!   A good distributor advance
curve  and free flowing Air intake / exhaust  also make a big difference.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!