<VV> 140 power increase

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 20:27:28 EST 2006

Matt's correct (always a 50-50 chance - LOL) cutting the step is the most
bang for the buck.  My experience is that you don't have to do anything to
reduce the CR - the better detonation resistance from the better squish
cancels out the tendancy to ping caused by the greater compression.  My 140
has always required 92 octane, but it pings less with the step cut than it
did before.  Doesn't ping at all below 90F ambient.

On the adjustable cam gear, if you want to go that way, I have a mod to
Ray's adjuster (and a minor block mod) that allows you to change the cam
timing with the engine still mounted.  All you have to do is remove the oil
pan for access.  If you want an explanation/pictures, let me know and I'll
email a Microsnot Word document.

Roger