<VV> Travel to Buffalo (or Detroit in '07)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 22 12:47:20 EST 2006

I've made that ferry trip on the Badger line.  It's not cheap.  Leaves from
Manitowoc WI and lands at Ludington MI.  They want to drive your car onto
the boat.  After SOME conversation, we agreed that I could drive it on (the
blue '65 vert) with their employee in the passenger seat.

It takes a while (like 4 or 5 hours) to get across and is a bit of a yawn
after a while.  This was a trip we took up to - through the UP and wrapped
back West and South into WI, then back to IL.  It was a cool, damp day and
not a lot of fun to be out on the deck - but tolerable.  Visibility was
obscured by the moisture in the air, but the sun came out a couple of times.

So, if you happen to be going near or through the Green Bay area on your way
to Buffalo AND if you want a very leisurely 1/2 day of "travel", then you
might want to look into this.  For me, I can say that I've done it but I'm
not in any rush to do it twice.

Later, JR