<VV> Proper tie down of a Corvair onto a Car Carrier Trailer

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Mar 22 17:03:11 EST 2006

In my opinion the absolute best way to secure any car is by "wheel
bonnets" over the tires. No worries about cinching down the suspension,
bending stuff, etc.

http://www.racerwholesale.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41_44&products_id=252&osCsid=4f87b3c267fe921e1fc4b175eb5d85d7
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-S-LINE-CAR-TRUCK-TIRE-WHEEL-BONNET-TIE-DOWNS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ4623949606QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004400/showCustom-0/p-2004400/N-111+10201+600002390/c-10101

If you like, you could add a "safety chain" attaching at the front
crossmember and be good to go.

I have used the front cross member and the rear strut rods (at the
wheel), but much prefer the wheel bonnet method.

Bill