<VV> 2006 NECC Events

Tom Willcox bakwudz at rcn.com
Thu Mar 23 10:06:47 EST 2006

Here is a list of events for 2006 from the North East Corvair Council:

The North East Corvair Council--putting Corvairs on the track since 1974

POCONO

Friday, May 12 Time Trials and practice laps at Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, PA
Friday, May 12, 2006
New this year:  We'll be on the high-speed North Course!  Registration is open--see our website for details and contact info. http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html

Also for Pocono:   NECC's new "Team Relay" concept.

TEAM RELAY is an exciting, fun way to cap a day at the track.  After the time trials, teams will be formed . The first car of each team will leave the start finish line on a time delay based upon the team's aggregate time trial score.  At the completion of lap five (5), a team's first car comes into the pits and the second car for that team will be given the signal to start.  This continues until each team's cars have completed their runs.  The first team to successfully complete their required laps will be the winner.  At no time will the number of cars on the track exceed the number of teams entered in the relay.  Passing is allowed only n the designated areas.  All instructions given at the drivers meeting and covered by event conduct will be in effect during TEAM RELAY.

MOSPORT

Sunday, July 2

IIn conjunction3, 2006
In conjunction with the CORSA National Convention:

Sunday, July 23 has been declared "Corvair Day" by the mayor of Oshawa, Ontario (a Stinger owner!)

There will be a Corvair show and other festivities, leading up to the track event.

Monday, July 24 Time Trials and practice laps at the famed Mosport International Raceway in Bowmansville, Ontario.

Registration is now open--see the website.  http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html  There will also be ONLINE registration available for this event at the CORSA National Convention website:

http://www.shuffleofftobuffaloniagara.com/

In addition to our standard time trials, we'll be offering an exciting new "Taste of the Track" program at Mosport for folks who want to see what time trials are all about!

 Put off by the thought of having to buy a helmet and new seat belts?  Well, here's your opportunity to get a full view of the day's driving experience.  The NECC team will lead you through all the facets of what the driver does.  No need to buy helmets and belts.  All you need is the desire to have an interesting and fun filled day.  You'll learn to be a corner worker and a pit marshal.  You'll help control the event!   During the day you'll have the opportunity to see the track from all the corners and the start finish.  You'll learn how we time the cars and post results.  The best part will be the opportunity to see the track from a driver's view.  We'll provide all the needed safety equipment and send you out on the track with your own car.  (Must pass a safety inspection)  Following a pace car, you'll be able to experience the thrill of cornering and the experience of the long straight-aways.  It may even be possible for you to get a ride with one of our qualified drivers.  So join us and get a Taste of the Track.

LIME ROCK

Sunday, October 1 Annual Lime Rock Corvair Show

Monday, October 2 TimeTrials and practice laps at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT

Registration forms can be downloaded at our website: http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/page2.html

Lodging and other information will be updated as time allows.

A Sunday show and lower room rates!

Sunday, October 1
Annual Lime Rock Corvair Show, Lime Rock, Conn.
A Sunday show and lower room rates!