<VV> Autocross Stock classes

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 23 23:07:06 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

In '74, you could get a 6 inch wide tread on 13 inch tires in LOTS of
places.  No more.

After 30+ years since you wrote the rules, it just might be time to at least
take another look at it.

I'm not looking to fight you on it and if I have to move into an IS class
over tires - well, I'm not going to be alone on that move - and the stock
autocross classes will (might - likely) have fewer and fewer cars
participating each year.

You do realize that I'm only talking about autocross here - not other
competitions - where the skinny tires are JF.

Later, JR