<VV> Main Bearings

Travis Bolton kc_corvair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 24 16:25:10 EST 2006

The crank isn't bad at all.  I expect it to polish out and be pretty close to standard, especially on the mains.  The engine only had 47K on it, but sat for a few years with a blown head gasket, so one of the cylinders got a little corrosion in the piston ring grooves.

  Bearings all looked really good, so maybe reuse would be an option, it just didn't "feel" right.

  Thanks for the input.
  -Travis

BobHelt at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 3/23/2006 10:07:33 PM US Mountain Standard Time,