<VV> Street Stock Autocross Class tire rules

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Mar 25 19:25:01 EST 2006

I think we could solve this so quickly, I apologize for not mentioning  it
earlier. Tire size and construction should not be a differentiator in Street
Stock autocross classes. It would be so simple. Remove rule 8.1.4

Now "Street Stock Class must run as delivered from the factory" would
includes tires.

Legal tires in SS-1 through SS-5 would be STOCK.

That would be for SS-1 through 4:
6.50 - 13 for 1960-65 Corvairs
7.00-13 for 1966-69 Corvairs and 61-62 Lakwewoods&Station Wagons.
For SS-5 (Forward Controls) 7.50-14 (or whichever the original FC size  was.)

Now the competition is a driving event, not a car prep event.

That also removes Warren's identified problem;\:
"A "little" leeway always goes a LOT  awry!"

If it isn't stock - it is likely improved and belongs in Improved  Stock.
It would also make the Street Stock cars more fun to watch!  - Seth  Emerson