<VV> Re: Tired

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Mar 26 08:26:17 EST 2006

Yhose inflatable rubber hgoses still work well as long as you are using them
on a bias ply tire. A radial will not compress the same way from the center
to expand the tire bead.
Modern tire machines generally will blow a burst of air at the tire bead to
assist in sealing.
I imagine a ratcheting tie down will come flying off as well.............
I have found that tire stores periodically replace their machines, and at
the right place and time one of these machines can come at a "right" price.
When I got my Coates machine, it was 4 years old, workes perfect, originally
cost $2500 and I got it for $500.
A little rich for most, but to me it's paid for itself.
For wheel balancing, I have an old Micro-test bubble balancer. And a Snap-On
vertical unit. Both found at sweap meets.
Gary Swiatowy