<VV> Tear-down III (was Rebuild II)

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 12:32:59 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/26/2006 9:14:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, BobHelt
writes:

> Well, it looks like I've hit a nerve here.

No nerve hit!!  gg    I just do not believe it is an issue....adamantly!
LOL!!

I work for a company that always puts newly assembled $1,000,000 engines in a
test stand before the customer gets it!   $$$$$$$$

When I pulled my 3000hp turbine out,  " ULTRA reworked it" in 2 days....this
engine had BIG  problems.....and threw it back in the Generator
package....was on line by 11am that Monday...people were taking bets how long until it
blew...

2 yrs. later we pulled it.....to send out to a nearby site..who had lost 2
freshly,  "professionally" rebuilt engines, in the 1st 100 hours...Company was
embarassed!

That 3000 hp design engine made 2400 kilowatts when new.....after I "fixed
it", it made 2977!

I'm not saying I'm a better mechanic...just that it isn't  NECESSARY to be
meticulous!!  and super clean....it's SAFER to be that way....but as we see
from all these "horror story posts" over the last several years...it doesn't
GUARRANTEE success either!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!