<VV> Re:Tared

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Mar 26 20:16:19 EST 2006

>Big air quick is needed.  Those bazooka air vessels that puff a huge shot
>of air past the bead look pretty slick, but I bet they are loud.

Saw a couple in my search for "bead sealers" but $250 was more than I
wanted to spend on the project. Back in the day when all we had was a 3/4
horse compressor with a big tank, we had these soft rubber doughnut things
that would seal the backside of a tire on a wide rim and didn't cost much.
Seems like there was one size for both 14 and 15" tires. Thought about
using an inner tube then realized the valve stem would be pointing the rong
way.

Finally went back up into the attic and found a set of 15x7 snowflakes -
removed the tires from the 15x8s, installed on the 15x7s, and and they
inflated with just a little squeezing. In the process I found that removing
the nozzle from the air gun that came with the compressor my wife gave me
left an opening that screwed right onto the valve stem which made inflation
easier. Plan is for 15x7s on the back. Have not decided yet what is going
on the front but want to keep the 24.5" Diameter so the speedo doesn't change.

And back at the changer it seems the 3/8 by 1.5" lug screws were not a good
idea, after four sets of off-on, one pulled out. Next mod will be to use
3/8 Carriage bolts 2.25" or 2.5" long and insert from the bottom of the 2x4s.

Changer seems to work well but the hook end of the bar kept popping out of
the bead when installing, wound up just using some irons.

Padgett