<VV> Re: Lifters

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Mar 27 12:46:07 EST 2006

At 11:37 AM 3/27/2006, you wrote:
> > Turned out the one that was tapping was a touch loose and stopped after
> 1/4
> >
> > turn but another 1/4 turn and the engine slowed down. Backed off to clack
> > and engine sped back up and then 1/4 fine, 1/2 engine slowed down again.
> > Wound up leaving at 1/4 turn from clack and all is quiet.
>Wow!  you have forgot a lot!   Lifters will BLEED down in 45-90 seconds..
>
>Hot running....adjust to "0"..then add 1/4 - 3/4 turn......engine should
>MISS!...but will smooth out in a minute...then go to next...

Been a long time since I adjusted a Corvair but never had a SBC act that
way, just adjust a 1/4 turn at a time. So the one that was clattering had
not bled down at all and the miss occured at 1/2 turn while the others were
already partly bled down and didn't ?

Am remembering quite a few things now that I had forgotten over the years,
usually after buttoning things back up.

Padgett