<VV> Re: Lifters adjust hot

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 13:09:16 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/27/2006 9:46:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
writes:
     Matt Nall wrote:
> >Hot running....adjust to "0"..then add 1/4 - 3/4 turn......engine should
> >MISS!...but will smooth out in a minute...then go to next...
>
> Been a long time since I adjusted a Corvair but never had a SBC act that
> way, just adjust a 1/4 turn at a time. So the one that was clattering had
> not bled down at all and the miss occured at 1/2 turn while the others were
> already partly bled down and didn't ?
>
> Am remembering quite a few things now that I had forgotten over the years,
> usually after buttoning things back up.
>
> Padgett

You are correct on the Bleed down.....

This is why I smoke......  patience!!!......never in a big rush......moving
fast..but always take time for a puff!   and LOOK   Think....listen...then back
at it!  gggg

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!