<VV> Re: Chrysler (no Corvair)

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Mar 28 16:12:30 EST 2006

At 09:27 hours 03/27/2006, Sethracer at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 3/27/2006 6:56:43 PM Pacific Standard Time, pp2 at 6007.us
>writes:
>
>.  May be why Hemi Cuda's bring a fortune - not many survived.
>
>Padgett
>

>That is likely true - Although most ID records are available.
>
> >From what I see, though, of the 300 or so built, only 1000
> survived!  <grin>

Actually, only about 120 coupes and ragtops combined for '71, the
"golden year".

Nobody gets fooled.

With a car worth that much money and with such a short pedigree list,
it's obvious that clones will show up but they're gonna be noted as
such.   Too much money is involved and there's too much documentation
on these limited production musclecars to allow anybody to get away
with pulling a fast one, especially with Galen G. wandering around
putting his high and mighty "magic touch" certification on them.

tony..