<VV> engine removal (how high?)

monza63mo at peoplepc.com monza63mo at peoplepc.com
Tue Mar 28 18:43:00 EST 2006

I'm getting ready to remove my engines from my '66 sport sedan and '66 coupe for a swap.  I've built the "fitch cart" and attached it to my motorcycle lift (thanks guys or all the great info on that).  My parts are in so I'm all set, right?  Wrong.  I'm unsure as to how high off the ground the car needs to be on jack stands in order to allow enough clearance to lower the engine.  I have 4 floor jacks that extend to 21".  Will that be high enough?  I guess the bottom line question is what is the suggested body height from the ground to safely allow for an engine removal?

Thanks in advance!

Art in Missouri
'66 sport sedan
'66 coupe