<VV> RE: VV Disc brakes

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:29:29 EST 2006

I've had a couple of questions privately so I thought I'd answer them here:

The Scarebird brackets allow you to use the stock Corvair hub. That means
the speedometer still works.
My friend uses 15" early Corvette rims on which the center is riveted to the
rim so I'm not sure how they compare to the stock 13" Corvair rims. I'll try
to check a Corvair 13" on his setup when I get a chance.
The rotors are 4WD S-10 rotors from about 83-90. They slip over the Corvair
studs once you reduce the diameter of the Corvair hub.
Scarebird recommended using 2WD S-10 calipers of the same vintage. They are
"Metric" calipers. That means the banjo mounting bolt for the hose is
metric. I think the caliper mounting bolts are metric also. This caliper is
pretty generic across the GM lines and is used on a bunch of different
models. Speedway sells them rebuilt with the banjo bolt tapped for a
"standard" bolt.
                                     Ed