<VV> Bleeding MCs

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Mar 29 22:59:10 EST 2006

I'm with you on this Chuck. It is much easier to hold the MC in a vise
and bleed with full and partial strokes either against blocked ports or
with the hoses recirculating back into the reservoir than bolting it on
the car and then working from both sides of the firewall. The partial
and full strokes are necessary to flush out all the air trapped inside
the MC. Of course most of the time I am just putting a MC on and this
way I do not have to bleed the whole system. Who wants to push all that
air though the whole brake system? Even on a empty fresh brake system,
with a bench bleed MC you are putting fluid only through the system
right from the start, not an aireated fluid mix.

Frank DuVal