<VV> Turn Signal gremlin

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Mar 30 00:24:47 EST 2006

>------------------------------
Obviously a problem in the switch....if the wiring is normal....

Here's a pic of the insides!!   Coutesy of the Corvair Center Forum!

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,25077,25369#msg-25369

scroll down a few replies

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!

The brake light wiring goes thru the turn signal switch so that the turn signal lights flash even when the brakes are applied (otherwise it would just be "on" instead of flashing).  That's fine but as you've found it can lead to odd troubles.  I fixed my problems by careful re-bending of the little leaf contacts in the switch.  You may need to replace it if they're bad beyond rebending.  Good luck!

mike