<VV> no compression

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 14:51:01 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/31/2006 12:34:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
rangerdan_505 at yahoo.com writes:

I pulled  the valve cover and found that the rocker arm
for the intake of #5 had come  loose. I re-attached the
rocker arm and found that there still was  no
compresssion on cylinder #5.

Daniel,
If there really was no compression (i.e., zero), then it is not rings
causing the problem. It's one of the valves not seating or a massive gasket  leak.
With no exh noise from the cylinder, it's probably valves. So check the  valve
seating and or adjustment. The adj could be holding a valve open.

White smoke is most likely blowby or gasoline, not oil. Not sure where this
is coming from. Sorry.

Regards,
Bob Helt