<VV> Not So Oily. At all. -help!

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 17:03:30 EST 2006

Hey guys,

I'm going to explain the situation, and in it you will
find the problem.  See if you can figure this out,
cause we can't.

Today, some guys from the Duluth club came to my house
to help me out with my car(thanks guys!)

Ron took the valve cover on the right hand side off,
and went to adjust the valves, when suddenly he
realized, there was NO oil coming out.  NONE.

Well how weird.  So we got the other valve cover off-a
few dribbles, at best, but still, not anything to
write home about.

We started the car with the valve covers off, no oil
is getting to the heads at all.

So this is what we figured out...

After some research, we found out the shaft length for
the 102 distributor I have is the right length-they're
all the same. so that wasn't the problem.

we took the dist out, and found we could prime it.  we
took out the oil pressure switch, and primed it-oil
came out...so we knew the pump was doing its job.

we even took the gears out of the housing just to make
sure the little ears hadn't broken off-they hadn't.

so we put the distributor back in and started the car
thinking we had pressure again....we didn't.  we took
the oil sender out again and cranked the engine-once
again, oil shot out.

BUT, after starting the car again, there is still no
oil getting up into the lifters. none.

What could the problem POSSIBLY be?

thanks,
Ryan V.