Fwd: <VV> LM Dipstick Tube Replacement

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 17:40:29 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/31/2006 5:30:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rsampson at kc.rr.com writes:
Has anyone been able to replace a broken dipstick tube without oil pan
removal ?

Thanks
Rodney Sampson
65 Corsa 140x4
I helped a friend take a damaged one out by removing the lower shrouds etc.,
wrapping a shop rag with a small chunk of dry ice in it around the dip stick
where it entered the block and then twisting it out about five minutes later.
Be advised the engine was cold--had been sitting all night.  We also had the
top shroud off to get as low to the tube as possilbe.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa