<VV> Re:Crossing Canadian border

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Mon May 1 07:03:30 EDT 2006

All this talk about crossing the Canadian border you have missed the best
part.
On the way back be sure and stop at the duty free store.............
Discount tax free jewelry, perfume, etc...........
You can bring back a couple bottles of liquor per person, "duty free".
Actually you are supposed to pay the duty unless you are in Canada longer
than 48 hours..........
But US Customs generally feels it costs more to process the paperwork and
collect the "duty' than to let it go.
I always tell them at the border, a couple liters per person, or case of
beer.
They let me go...........even if they did have me pull over and pay, the
savings is significant enough to make it worthwhile anyways.
Those of us living near the border, find it worth the toll to cross the
bridge for a liquor run.........works especially well on "top shelf"

They also have discount cigtarettes, but don't bring over any of those cuban
cigars...........they're still considered contraband.

Gary Swiatowy
Quality Representative
Summit Lubricants Inc.
e-mail: garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com