<VV> 65 clutch cable - temporary fix

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Tue May 2 11:45:47 EDT 2006

     I almost always manage to get home.  I would try to have a friend help
push start the car  (instructions that may work below) in probably third,
maybe second gear, then just leave it in that gear for the ride home.

     Being young and impatient myself  I would also probably try to float
the gears and shift up to make the ride quicker but I have an advantage
there because I'm an ex-trucker and used to driving an unsynchronized
tranny.  About 6 months into being a tractor trailer driver I hardly ever
used the clutch to shift anymore.

     Getting started may be tricky (and maybe near impossible) but this is
what I would try.  I believe It worked for me once quite a few years back in
my 68' Vette.

Put the car in neutral and get it rolling as fast as possible.

Apply pressure to the shifter (try gently if possible, push harder if
absolutely neccesary) in fourth or third gear.  Push starting is much more
effective in higher gears then in 1st.

If the car really doesnt want to go into the gear you have selected try
others. One of them will probably slip in with relative ease.

     I hope this reaches you in time,

Ray Rodriguez
CORSA
66 500 coupe/pg