<VV> 63 Spyder Hard starting when warm

Lawrence B. Jahn ljahn at hoopeston.k12.il.us
Tue May 2 20:59:17 EDT 2006

I also have a 63 Spyder that exhibits the same problem. Starts easily when
cold and when engine warms, pedal has to be to the floor and at times I am
fearful that I canot get it started. I am getting better at restarts. I have
only had my car back less than a month after a carb and turbo rebuild. Added
electronic ignition and fuel pump which makes cold starts better than it was
new 43 years ago. Always had problems in the 60's with that side-draft carb.
Could go to town, turn off the ignition, run into a store for 5 minutes and
could not get it started. Mine is an early 63 that does not have the return
line.

LBJ

Original owner of 63 Spyder Convertible