<VV> Broken clutch cables (NO CORVAIR)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Wed May 3 14:05:00 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/3/2006 11:12:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ncwitte at wittelaw.com writes:

And all  this with a car that actually has the interlock that is supposed to
keep  stupid people from starting the car in gear.

    That's the same reason why modern cars have an  interlock that prevents
putting the auto trans in gear unless you first have  your foot on the brake
pedal.
    Now if we could only get people to use the  emergency (parking) brake
instead of depending ONLY on the park gear in the  AT.  I've had to help
neighbors who parked on a hill and couldn't get the  AT out of park gear since all the
weight of the car was on the parking pawl  instead of the emergency brake.
    Frank "when will they ever learn"  Burkhard