<VV>Cluchless<No Corvair>

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed May 3 17:17:58 EDT 2006

I readily admit to being a dufus (SP?) but "they" don't put them on ALL cars.  My 65 Corvair, my '85 VW Golf and my '96 VW Passat all are clutch interlock free.  This is always disputed by the genius VA safety inspectors who think (like Seth) that ALL cars have them.  Of course in VA they're not even supposed to inspect for this whether they have them or not but they do anyway and oh by the way, I hate the stupid state "safety" inspections.

My '96 Honda Odyssey minivan (automatic) does have an interlock to keep you from starting it in gear but it's supposed to not let you remove the key with it in gear - but mine does.  Being a dufus, this happens quite often and then when I go to restart - nuthin.  Every single time I think, even if only for a second, that my precious Honda has died.  Then the brain kicks in and I put in park and everything's fine.  Hurray!

mike