<VV>GM Power Windows (unlikely Corvair)

kcvair at netscape.com kcvair at netscape.com
Thu May 4 12:22:51 EDT 2006

Both motors had to be replaced on my '96 astrovan.  The drivers side after 5 years and the passenger side just recently.  My 2002 Camaro window is now showing signs of giving up on the drivers side.  My conclusion is how much they are used.  If you keep a vehicle long enough and open and close the windows a lot, they will eventually fail unless you're lucky.  Also the wiper motor will give up after 5-6 years if used a lot.  I'm not the only one that's had this problem.  My brother's S-10 and a friend's Blazer has had same type of problems.  I don't know how to fix them except replace the motors.  Ken Clark