<VV> No Corvair Horizontal Engines Boat Must Go

Garth Stapon corvair2 at earthlink.net
Thu May 4 22:58:52 EDT 2006

Well, I sure must love those pancake motors.

I have them in my Vairs, lust after Subies and just recently bought a vintage 1975 Honda GL1000 Gold Wing motorcycle.

I guess I like old stuff as well - mostly because it is affordable. For those that are not aware of this bike it is a one liter horizontally opposed 4 cylinder water pumper. This was the first year of the Wing - (complete with points and spoke rims) - Smitty should I upgrade to electronic ignition???   : )

My wife has nicely requested that I make space in our driveway so the boat has to go.

1972 Sea Ray SRV 19.5 feet - deep V fiberglass with trailer & 2002 Honda 75 Hp - outboard four stroke.  Never seen salt water service even though I live in CT. (This is a marine Civic engine and we all know how many millions of these Honda has built). A 2006 Motor like this new is $ 11 K new. At $ 3.00 gas, it even sips fuel and pollutes less.

I plan to list it on E bay this weekend.

Contact me off line if you want to make a reasonable offer. I can list all it features, but already have strayed into dangerous territory.

It is located in New Milford, CT. 06776

Corvair Content - I am keeping the Vairs and selling the boat!

Regards, Garth