Fwd: <VV> vented battery fit

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri May 5 09:09:23 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/4/2006 11:59:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> Well I went to Costco today and saw they sell a vented battery for use in
> BMW's and Fords (battery in the trunk I suppose) and it got me to wondering.
> Our little wonders are supposed to have vented batteries so I got curious
> about whether these would fit in our cars.  They are described as a group 51
> size versus the correct (for LM) group 24.  Anyone ever try one of these and get
> it to fit?
>
> mike

Mike,  You've got a wider choice in vented batteries than group 51.  As an
example, 2000 and up Lesabres and Bonnevilles have a vented battery under the
back seat that would be closer to the LM size (but bigger).  I'm not
recommending that battery (too busy to go pull the rear seat now), but just to make the
point that if you check with a local battery store or regional battery supplier
they can probably give you the current sizes available in vented
batteries--then see if Costco has the size you want.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa