<VV> Vapor lock/fuel return line?

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri May 5 13:07:17 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/5/2006 8:14:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
4carbcorvair at gmail.com writes:

> I really don't want to do the electric pump, although I do see some
> benefits. For one, probably a bit more simpler than running a return line.
>
> If running a return line, would you tee in at the fuel pump on the 140 or
> get an inline filter with a return line on it? Where is a good place for the
> filter, before or after the pump? What would be the best way to do this?

***********************
1  The "normal  quick cure"  for vaporlock...is to just crack the line at the
carb[s]

2  The Factory  return on 2 carb engines is at the TEE as it comes from the
fuel pump [ 3/16"  tube]

3  I would expect a returnline just going to the rubber connection behind the
drivers rear wheel will be enough recirculation to keep things cool...

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!