<VV> Vapor lock

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri May 5 15:46:02 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/5/2006 10:55:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BobHelt at aol.com writes:

> But '69s didn't come with air conditioning. It's the added heat from A/C
> that caused vapor lock down here in the Southwest. You were unlikely to
> experience vapor lock up in Oregon no matter what equipment you Corvair
> had.

-----------
In my experience....the only VL  in a Vair I've experienced was while idling
in line at the Tijuana Border Crossing in the summer....a 64 110/ pg /vert
/single exhaust.......thermostats working....no AC.....150 deg!  "they say"......

It was heat from the exhaust boiling the fuel in the line behind the drivers
wheel...after cracking a line at the carbs didn't help...we just pushed for
the next 5 hrs.....approx. 50 ft!   ggg

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!