<VV> Vapor lock

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Fri May 5 20:05:53 EDT 2006

I'll leave the expansion of this comment to a fuel engineer but...
Re: Vapor lock in a snowstorm
Re: No Vapor lock in a 100 degree parade (Hi Ron!)

Fuel volatility is constantly managed vs ambient temperatures.  As the
seasons progress, refineries adjust the fuel to provide good vaporization for cold
starts and proper hot-restarts while also considering percolation during hot
soak (Carburetor issue).   It doesn't surprise me at all that Ron didn't have a
problem at 100 degrees and the "Other Bob" had one in a snowstorm.  Ron 's car
was likley filled with the appropriate fuel and Bob was using fuel that was
calibrated to vaporize well at 20 degrees in a relatively sealed, 120 degree,
engine compartment.

Personally, I've never experienced vapor lock on any car under any condition,
but then I'm only half as old as some uh the guys on VV (I'm 51) hehehe
Craig Nicol