<VV> Vented Battery

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Fri May 5 20:27:16 EDT 2006

Well these are modern batteries but keep in mind that BMW and Ford spec the vented battery for a reason.  I've heard that the sealed batteries aren't necessarily 100% sealed so some fo the evil can get out.   We don't want that evil in our engine compartments either do we?  So it's possible that there's a good reason for using a vented battery.  Of course it may also be just to keep historically correct.  Although really it's only semi-correct because these newer vented batteries don't look at all like the old ones.

mike