<VV>Fast start

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri May 5 23:12:56 EDT 2006

>I often don't drive it for months at a time and the electric pump is also
>handy for getting it started when the carbs are dry.

On my '78 Sunbird with dual quads I put a prime button on the dash so I
could fill the bowls before trying to start. For some reason the AFBs liked
to leak down even overnight.

That said, on an engine that has sat for even a couple of weeks, I prefer
to crank until I see the oil pressure needle move before turning on the
ignition. Of course I also fill a new oil filter before installing to
shorten the TTP (time to pressure) so may be a bit AR on the subject. Too
many Jags in my yout.

Padgett