<VV> CCE Spring Tour

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 6 19:06:32 EDT 2006

If you are located in the area and can make it for at least part of the
journey, join us tomorrow (Sunday) for our Spring Tour.

Approximate times and locations are:

8:30AM Flying J truck stop - Exit 9 (Grant St) - South of I80.  9:30AM South
Bend - Tippecanoe Place (Former Studebaker Mansion).  10:30AM Center for
History (2 blocks from Studebaker Mansion) - including the Oliver Mansion,
Oliver Gardens, a restored Worker's home of the '30s, and the recently
opened Studebaker National Museum..  After a couple of hours there, it is
off the Michigan City and (for the women?) Lighthouse Outlet Mall and (for
the men?) Ragtops Auto Museum.  Around 4:45PM we regroup and head to Pumps
on 12 (roadhouse) for dinner

We expect 20 cars or so from CCE.  I believe that one of the other Corvair
clubs is to join us, but don't have the details on that as I was not
involved in the planning.  We may also be joined by "The Rodfathers" club
AND by the Studebaker Club.  So, it appears that there is a potential for 40
to 50 cars in total.

Larry Jahn, are you reading this?  Anyone else that might be able to join up
for at least part of the trip is certainly welcome to do so.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (times 2 for now)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140