<VV>Flare fittings

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun May 7 11:30:15 EDT 2006

> >> I never use anything in fuel line fittings.

Thought the flare on the end of the fuel line was what seals, the nuts are
just to hold the flare against the ridge on the inside and there should
never be any gas on the threads to seal (said "should" not "is"). I run
into the same thing with O-ring fittings (getting common on cars). The bolt
just holds the assembly together and if the O-ring fails, no amount of
tightening will help.

OTOH I have seen seeping fuel lines seal with "one more nudge" of the wench
but just means that an obstruction that should not have been there in the
first place was overpowered.

Padgett