<VV> Re: Fw: Corvair Engine Stand

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 08:37:52 EDT 2006

another reason to use a diff case is for a fly/PP guard,PG has openings to see it spin,and will support the bellhsg properly,not just the 2 lower holes by the y-pipe ...I hacked a Torq converter to use,has only the outer 'dish' including ring gear,6 holes thru center for 1/2" socket clearance..may flex too much,unless I shim/ weld the drive plate solid,easier than using a whole clutch...the 4-hole idea for a stand would work ok for an assembly stand,tho,on a spit,1/2" bolts would fit nice with stripped-out nuts for spacers..//

BBRT <chsadek at adelphia.net> wrote:       Good Pint about the holes. Figured I could raise it  up, mount the case-no, no cracked diff cases, or a plate mating to an engine  stand and slide it into the engine stand-perhaps mounted to the work bench  with support legs like you mention. Or at least a tubular receptacle that a tube  fits into so the whole mess can be rotated.. Guess the gas will run out of the  carbs... ;>)))