<VV> sealing threads

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun May 7 15:47:32 EDT 2006

>If you think pipe sealant is going to electrically isolate the switch,
>then don't use it.

Thought the question was about teflon tape, not pipe sealant (I generally
add a touch of never-seize myself). Even with the tape, if you just put on
a single layer, the threads will cut through and make contact. Now if you
use tape like some in my family use toilet paper, then it probably will
isolate the switch.

Keep in mind if the concern is seepage around the threads then blocking any
single thread (a dollop about the size of a push pin head is more than
plenty) will be enough.

Padgett